Monday, January 01, 2007

Two in one day! (Does that make me "prolific"?)

At 62 one of my tenants in life has been, is, and will forever be, the raw fact that you can learn a lot of things every day, and some are more "memorable " than others, but all are an advancement of mankind. (Unless you are a woman then I guess it's "womenkind".)
But here's a challenge for all my American readers and friends; who wrote the original "Pledge of Allegience"?
And for those who think they know what the Pledge is, then here is the original version from the 1890's;
""I pledge allegiance to my Flag and to* the Republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all"
(* 'to' added in October 1892). "

Any takers?
-30-

1 comment:

Amber said...

Minister Francis Bellamy, 1892.

I'd ask for my cookie now, but since it's the NY, I'm dieting, lol.