Friday, January 05, 2007

"Bad idea, good execution!"

This title means absolutely nothing! I was just sitting here getting ready to write and tha's what came to mind,...so that's what it is!
If I really thought about it I would have done something clever and topical like, "It's cryin' time again,..." (And that would be because we Americans just entered more than a "New Year", we've just entered "tax prison". You see some bright person once sat down and figured out that for us, the folks who threw the tea in Boston Harbor, the folks who coined the phrase, "taxation without representation is tyranny", the folks who fought and defeated the English Crown for independance, the folks who created the nation where "All men are created equal,...", and of course the nation that grants a person the absolute right to "the pursuit of happiness",.....well they sat down and said "Hmmm, if I am to pay my taxes to the Internal Revenue Service,...and I sent them every penny I made, beginning January 1st of every year, then when would my "tax freedom day" occur? The Day to celebrate that my entire earnings thus far for the year had completely paid my taxes for the year.
I think the last time I tracked this depressing date, or as Franklin D. Roosevelt once called another onerous date, "a date that will live in infamy", it was somewhere in the month of April. In fact, hold that thought, I'll pop over and ask Google,...be right back! Yup, it was April 6th last year.
OK, now I'm really pissed off at my fellow citizens!! I found a little chart showing the annual "tax freedom" date for the past fifty years, and guess what? Every time the Democrats are in power in this country that date starts sliding later and later in the year! We have to pay more taxes, before we are earning money for ourselves! That sucks!!
Yet if you contrast the Republican management of this country against the "Tax freedom " date GEE! They match up perfectly for the lowest points, or dates. While a lot of folks thought Bill Clinton was "feeling our pain", the SOB was increasing our pain. Tax Freedom date got further away EVERY YEAR he governed!
Sorry this one is a short one, It's time to saddle up and head out to check some of my properties and try and get back to the office by 8:30 a.m.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Part of why I'm a Republican.

Say it loud, say it proud!! :D