Tuesday, November 28, 2006

ok,...I'm getting pissed!!!!

Sorry for not writing until today, and even at that I'm going to be VERY brief!
Monday I went into my favorite pbu, Buster's, for a couple of pints and some comraderie with my mates. Then Glen, our faithful bar tender comes over and leans into me and says," Hey Tom, the blonde chick over there is talking to me about some guy named Ron who used to come in here and drink,...she says he died. She wants to know if anyone knew him. You want to handle it?"
"Yeah sure Glen, I'll talk to her."
I go over and say, something like , "my buddy Glen says you're asking about someone who hangs here who died. Can you give me a little more info and I'll see if I can help."
"Yeah, he was an older guy, you know sixty or seventy, white wavy hair. He went out with my friend Paula. You know who I'm talking about?"
Oh shit! That sounds like my buddy Ron!
"Did you know his last name?" I asked.
"Yeah it began with a T."
"Oh shit, was it Ron T*******?"
"Yeah, that's him. You know him?"
NOT AGAIN? WITHIN A FUCKIN' MONTH!!
I'll write agian tomorrow, I'm having a hard time with this.
-30-

2 comments:

SuvvyGirl said...

This time of year always sucks with people passing away. I am in charge of checking the obituaries every day to see if any of our veterans have passed and there is always a flood of them this time of year. Not sure why but there just is. It's all very depressing. I'm sorry you're having to go through this again so soon. My best of thoughts to you.

Amber said...

Hey Mr. G,

Just wanted you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know from experience how wearing it gets to have to tell the story over and over and answer questions, accept condolences, then ride the wave of fresh grief.

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you!