Friday, December 07, 2007

Ok,...so I lied!

I said I'd write this past weekend,...but I didn't. 40 lashes with a wet noodle!! (Or going to Burger King and knowing the only way I'm going to get it "your way" is jump the counter and do it myself!)
But it's Friday morning! EIGHT hours to freedom!! It's not that I don't like what I do it's just the fact that as a damn "portfolio manager" I have too many things to do! I could literally work 18 hours a day and get further behind every day. And NO it's not becasue I'm an old fart losing grey cells, but the entire work attitude of the younger generation is infiltrating the world. (Feel a good rant coming on? You're right, but if I start it this morning, well, ..I'll just say "screw it" and stay home and write all day, which...will cause me to fall even further behind!! (sigh)
So off to work I go, but I will return this weekend,....promise. I've discovered a number of absolutely FANTASTIC new things on the 'web". Ok I'll give you a little sneak peek or two before I come back.......................
1. Point your cursor to the little line at the top and type,.."www.kiva.org" This is something I did get involved in this week because it beats the hell out of the old write a check for charity thing. "Give a man a fish he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime" The investment is about my average bar bill a night (with tip) but if it lets someone be thier own master in any way I'm in!
2. Again point your little cursor to "www.genetree.com" a fascinting concept an reminder of the fact that good old druggie Rodney King actually had a good thought, just didn't extend it far enough,..."Can't we all get along (extended version) cause way back when we all came from Adam and Eve" Wonder which roads my genes came down?
More later fans, plus the continuing saga of Mr. Guinness sueing the Health Insurance Company. (You'll love this shit, and I do mean shit!) If you read a previous blog or so back about my attempts at getting health insurance wait until you read chapter 2. Not only do I have a "bad heart", COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), a "leper like" disease, but ED (Erectile disfunction)! I sure as hell wish my Doctor knew about that, then he could tell me about it, particularly the ED part then I could just relax and give up sex! Oh how wise the Underwriting department of Blue Cross Blue Shield must be to know all this stuff!
And other "slices of life" from the week gone by! Get a BIG mug of coffee, I may have to do multiple blogs on the same day, just so we all get a "potty break"
-30-

No comments: